Global transport innovation leader to key note Melbourne Summit
7 March 2019 | Events, Policy & planning
We Ride Australia is very pleased to announce that leading global expert in the future of mobility and automation, Timothy Papandreou, will provide a scene-setting Key Note Address to kick of the 2019 Australian Bicycle Summit.
Timothy Papandreou, founder of Emerging Transport Advisors, has held senior transport strategic planning and innovation positions for more than 15 years in both the Los Angeles and San Francisco transportation agencies before moving to Google X and forging the strategic partnerships to commercialize Waymo and launch the World’s first fully self-driving ride-hailing service.
At a time when there is unbridled enthusiasm for autonomous technologies and billion-dollar investments are being made, there is significant concern about the impacts for walking and cycling.
Tim’s thoughts on what future technologies will mean for our cities, how we navigate our streets and the freedom we will have to use our space will be fascinating and are of vital interest.
He has unparalleled experience in planning and policy across all transport modes in major US cities and has led autonomous transport and planning for the adoption of new technologies.
We are very happy to be able to bring one of the World’s foremost experts in this area to Australia and we’re ecstatic he is making this trip exclusively to provide the major Key Note Address at the Summit.
The entire program is shaping up exceptionally well and we are addressing key future transport issues, so this Summit is a not to be missed opportunity for transport planners, elected officials and industry executives with an interest in this area.
- We are also very pleased to open our registrations today with special Early Bird rates here.
- The provisional program for the Australian Bicycle Summit can be seen here.
Timothy Papandreou leads an expert program at the the 2019 Australian Bicycle Summit on Tuesday, 14th May and Wednesday, 15th May. The 15th Cycling Luminaries Awards will be announced in a Gala Awards Dinner following the Summit on 15th Mary.
- The 2019 Australian Bicycle Summit will be held at the Marvel Stadium on Wednesday, 15th May.
- Mr Papandreou’s bio can be found here.
- An Advocacy Training workshop for advocates and the annual Summit Roundtable for bicycle organisations will be held at the Lendlease Headquarters, Docklands on Tuesday 14th May.
- 15th Cycling Luminaries Awards will be announced in a Gala Dinner at Marvel Stadium on Wednesday 15th May. Nominations are now open on our Awards webpage here.
- Summit registrations and Awards tickets are now live on our Summit registration page here.