Australian Cycling Luminaries Awards – National Winners Announced
The leading people, programs and places that support riders across Australia were celebrated at the 2023 Cycling Luminaries Awards Gala Dinner in Parliament House, Canberra on Wednesday, 15th November.
Hosted by the Parliamentary Friends of Cycling and featuring the launch of the 2023 Australian Cycling and eScooter Economy Report by Assistant Treasurer, the Hon. Stephen Jones MP, the event celebrated the inspirational leaders, outstanding programs and infrastructure from across the country.
Sponsored by Mobility Live and Cyclecover, the winners in the categories of Leadership, Built Environment and Bike Culture and Behaviour Change and were all announced the included the independent judging panel recognising a special achievement Award for Social Impact due to the level of outstanding nominations received.
The 2023 Cycling Luminaries Award winners are:
- Leadership Award – Charlene Bordley (view video here)
- Bike Culture Award – Open Streets, Bicycle Network (view video here)
- Built Environment Award – The Causeway Link Alliance, Western Australia (view video here)
- Special Recognition Award for Social Impact – Revolve Recycling (view video here)
The finalists were selected from nominations from across Australia which can be viewed here.
- Built Environment Award – Causeway Link Alliance, WA VIDEO (1min50)
- Bike Culture and Behaviour Change Award – Open Streets VIDEO (3min05)
- Leadership Award – Charlene Bordley VIDEO (1min28)
- Special Recognition Award for Social Impact – Revolve ReCYCLING VIDEO (2min55)
Awards key facts
- The 2023 Australian Cycling Luminaries Awards are organised by We Ride Australia and were first held in 2002.
- The Awards Dinner was hosted by the Parliamentary Friends of Cycling group which is chaired by Zaneta Mascarenhas MP, the Hon. Andrew Wallace MP and Dr Helen Haines MP.
- An independent judging panel selected finalists and winners, see them here https://www.weride.org.au/cycling-awards/judges/
- More information on Awards available at https://www.weride.org.au/cycling-awards/
Media contact: Peter Bourke 0438 871 271, firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of the Awards and an extensive photo gallery will soon be available on the WeRide website. A selection of images of winners and speakers is available on request.