We Ride Australia AGM
26 December 2018 | Policy & planning
NOTICE OF PROPOSED SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS TO ALTER THE NAME AND CONSTITUTION OF THE AUSTRALIAN CYCLING PROMOTION FOUNDATION LIMITED
The Australian Cycling Promotion Foundation Limited (ACN 618 071 855) (Company) is due to convene its annual general meeting.
The meeting will be held at 10.00am on 17 January 2019.
The meeting will take place at Quest of Franklin, 74 Franklin St Adelaide, SA 5000.
The Company intends to apply for registration on the Register of Environmental Organisations (REO) – with endorsement as a tax deductible gift recipient (DGR).To facilitate this (in addition to the general business for the annual general meeting) the following special resolutions will be proposed at the meeting:
- The name of the Company shall be changed to the “Australian Cycling Environmental and Health Foundation Limited”.
- The Company’s constitution shall be changed in accordance with the Constitution tabled at the meeting (a copy of which is available to any member, on request, prior to the meeting).
- The board of the Company may at any time between now and the next annual general meeting of the Company, alter or amend the Constitution in any way necessary to obtain endorsement as a DGR, at the request of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, ATO or REO – without needing to consult with the members of the Company or obtain a members resolution in this regard.
FURTHER INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS:
- This notice is provided in accordance with rule 4.4 of the Company’s constitution and section 249H of the Corporations Act.
- In accordance with rule 4.4(b) of the Company’s constitution, notice of a general meeting must be given to each member entitled to vote at the meeting, each director and the auditor (if any).
- In accordance with rule 4.4(c) of the Company’s constitution, notice of a general meeting must be provided in writing at least 21 days before the meeting.
- The Company makes no provision for voting at a general meeting by proxy and members can only vote in person.
- In accordance with rule 16.1 of the Company’s constitution, this notice may be delivered: personally, by facsimile; by prepaid registered post or by email to a current email address for notices.
- In accordance with rule 4.6(g) of the Company’s constitution, the Company may hold a general meeting at two or more venues using any technology that gives each member a reasonable opportunity to participate.
- In accordance with rule 19 of the Company’s constitution, the constitution and any of its provisions may be modified, repealed or replaced by special resolution – other than an amendment to the constitution that will result in the Company losing its status as a charity for the purposes of the ACNC Act.
Proposed by the Chairperson and Secretary on behalf of the Committee: