2018 Cycling Luminaries announced!
Winners announced for 14th National Cycling Luminaries Awards
Friday, 22 June, 2018
Winners of the 14th national Cycling Luminaries Awards were announced at the Australian Bicycle Summit Gala dinner on Wednesday night.
The 2018 Awards were announced in Sydney at a Australian Bicycle Summit Gala Dinner on 20 June partnered by Transport for NSW and hosted in the spectacular Lendlease Barangaroo Level 14 in the presence of invited VIPs and guests from across Australia. The Awards winners were:
- Tina McCarthy – Leadership Award
- Sunshine Coast – Bike Culture Award
- Maydena Bike Park – Built Environment Award
The finalists were selected from a pool of nominations from across Australia that included the people, places and programs that are making Australia a better place to ride a bicycle.
Five of the nine finalists were women or recognise women within their organisations, two are regional organisations driving visitation, awareness and economic development and two more recognise local Council efforts to build better places in partnership with innovative developers and others.
Awards key facts:
- The 14th Australian Cycling Luminaries Awards are organised in conjunction with the 2018 Australian Bicycle Summit by We Ride Australia a charitable NFP national advocacy foundation.
- An independent judging panel selected finalists and winners, see them here https://www.weride.org.au/what-we-do/2018-cycling-luminaries-awards/judges/
- More information on Awards and Summit available at www.weride.org.au.
Media contact: Stephen Hodge 0411 149 910, firstname.lastname@example.org