Creating change through e-bike incentives
The audience heard from US and UK e-bike scheme managers in this WeRide webinar facilitated by World Bank Sustainable Transport Analyst, Sam Johnson.
Together with Australia’s own Lug+Carrie, how UK and USA schemes are successfully shifting local transport choice to e-bikes was examined by our guest speakers.
There was an extensive Q&A covering many pertinent issues that the experts who manage these programs were able to answer.
How effective are large scale e-bike incentive schemes at transitioning transport behaviour to active transport? Watch the webinar!
– WeRide’s Director – National Advocacy, Stephen Hodge, welcomed participants and introduced World Bank Analyst, Sam Johnson.
– Sam kicked off speaker presentations.
– Cameron Bennett gave us an overview of North American incentives, current and planned, differences in schemes and the pros and cons.
– Jenny Box provided a comprehensive overview of their ‘Making Cycling e-asier’ program.
– Ben Carr explained Lug+Carrie’s free school trial approach with a real life case study.
– Sam Johnson asked questions of the presenters and took questions from the audience.
– WeRide wrapped-up and indicated that further sources of information would be provided on this webpage in due course.